Beef & Lentil Chili:
- Brown 8 oz ground beef in 1 Tbsp oil in a large saucepan.
- Stir in 2 cloves of garlic, 1 jalapeno (both finely chopped), 1 tsp each chili powder and ground cumin, and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper.
- Add 1 Tbsp tomato paste; cook, stirring, add a 28-oz can crushed tomatoes and 1 jar of Two Ugly Mugs Hot salsa; simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Five minutes before serving, add a 15-oz can of dark red kidney beans and a 15-oz can of lentils. (Both rinsed) (1 cup on dry lentils can be used-cook according to packaging)
- Serve with sour cream and grated cheddar cheese.
*Optional: top with thinly sliced green onions and warm pitas
Cheesy Salsa Dip:
- Cut 1 lb. (16 oz.) Velveeta Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product into ½-inch cubes; place in a large microwavable bowl.
- Add 4 oz. (1/2 of an 8 oz.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese cut up, and 10 oz. of salsa flavor of your choice.
- Microwave on high 5 minutes or until the Velveeta is completely melted and the mixture is well blended, stirring after 3 minutes.
*Serve with hot tortilla chips or assorted cut-up fresh vegetables.